Current address-Armstrong

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Current address-Armstrong
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:30:26 -0400
From: HelenJane Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
To: MAPS-L (E-mail) <[log in to unmask]>

Current address-Armstrong

Thank you to all of the MAPS-L subscribers who have been sending me such wonderful cards and letters concerning my retirement from the University of Florida Map & Imagery Library.  I will be replying to each of you individually.  To MAPS-L members please excuse me for taking this time but I have been receiving a number of messages asking how to contact me.  Since I retired December 31st, I have been doing some consulting work in the University of Florida Map & Imagery Library as well as organizing/deleting 33 years of paperwork and projects.  My old email address/ phone number are still active and you can reach me at them through Friday May 26th.  After that time I will be setting up another email address but it may be a little while.  If you need to get in touch with me, the staff of the Map & Imagery Library have that information.

I encourage subscribers to investigate the job posting on MAPS-L for the Head, of the University of Florida Map & Imagery Library.  The collection of over 500,000 maps, approx. 300,000 aerials, 7,000 atlases, and digital/hard copy remote sensing images is interesting and the patrons stimulating.  The Map Librarian is part of a marvelous GIS team in the Library and on Campus while at the same time there is an excellent collection of rare maps of Africa, Latin America and the Holy Lands.  The assortment of library materials is wide ranging from GPO Regional depository items to very hard to obtain foreign items.

Thank you for all the happy memories and interesting discussions on MAPS-L.  May the Listserv stay healthy and informative.

Helen

HelenJane Armstrong, PhD                                [log in to unmask]
Head, Map & Imagery Library  (retired)
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117011