-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: MAPS-L: MARC 072 field
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

My library does not use the 072 field to indicate subject information.  In
fact, when I have exported from OCLC a record with the 072 field, it is by
default deleted by the system.  I have seen this field less often for new
items than for items several years old or earlier.

Ken
Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA