-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Summary Re: Printing/Copying/Scanning Policies
Date:   Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:27:59 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

  I got just a handful of responses (like 4 or 5) to my request.
Here's what the handful said/suggested:

1. Onus on getting permission is on the user. Library warns them using
statement on website and form, but does scan items.
2. Suggested that if the maps are benefiting a larger group, like a
class to get permission from the copyright owner.
3. Will make A4 size photocopies of sections of map, no digital copies;
will not copy maps without permission.
4. We do copy maps.

Nothing conclusive, but there you are.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.