-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Summary Re: Printing/Copying/Scanning Policies
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:27:59 -1000
From: G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to  the MAPS-L list
at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU. If  you simply forward it  back to the list,  using a mail
command that generates "Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult
the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will be distributed and
the explanations you  are now reading will be removed  automatically. If on the
other hand you edit the contributions you  receive into a digest, you will have
to remove this  paragraph manually. Finally, you should be  able to contact the
author  of this  message by  using  the normal  "reply" function  of your  mail
program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (59 lines) ------------------
 I got just a handful of responses (like 4 or 5) to my request.
Here's what the handful said/suggested:

1. Onus on getting permission is on the user. Library warns them using
statement on website and form, but does scan items.
2. Suggested that if the maps are benefiting a larger group, like a
class to get permission from the copyright owner.
3. Will make A4 size photocopies of sections of map, no digital copies;
will not copy maps without permission.
4. We do copy maps.

Nothing conclusive, but there you are.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.