-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Need help identifying a New Orleans map
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:01:23 -0700
From: Kasianovitz, Kristine <[log in to unmask]>
To: '[log in to unmask]' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi!

I found this map of New Orleans (see attached photos) in our collection -- Topography, Soils, and Flood Protection.  We are not able to identify any bibliographic information for it (searching worldcat, google, etc.).  It looks like it may have been part of a report or set of maps on soils of the city.  I checked the Soil Survey, but this didn't show up. We also did some searching through various reports to see if we could identify it today.

The sources on the map (second attached photo) indicate: US Corps of Engineers, Works Progress Administration of LA, New Orleans Levee Board, and Elements of Geography, by Fingh.

Does anyone have any this map in their collection or any bibliographic info

Thanks for any leads you can provide!

K.
Kris Kasianovitz
Young Research Library Collections, Research and Instructional Services Department |
Librarian for Public Policy, Urban Planning, NGOs and State and Local Government Information |
Interim Librarian for Maps, and GIS |
UCLA
A1540 Research Library
Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA  90095
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Phone: 310.206.8746/FAX: 310.825.6795
Meebo Me: uclagovinfolibrarian

moderator note:
I often worry about attachments not making it through so I also posted text and images here:
https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/acope/www/mapsl.htm