-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Help! Webinar next week
Date:   Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:45:11 -0500
From:   Lynda Kellam <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. I just want to remind you of our webinar next week
in the Help! series. While it is not directly gov docs related, geocoding
basics is something a lot of us could use a brush up on. Hope to see you
there!

Best,
LMK

*Help! I’m an Accidental Government Information Librarian presents ...
Geocoding for Beginners, Monday November 18th, 2013, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
(Eastern).*
Much information has a geographic element but may not be ready to plot on a
map—for example, street addresses or ZIP codes. Geocoding is the process of
transforming a street address from text into points on a map. This webinar
explains the process of geocoding and introduces some tools for
transforming  a table of street addresses to latitude and longitude pairs
on a map, without using proprietary GIS software.

Presener Christine Murray, is the Social Science Data Services Librarian,
and serves as liaison to the urban studies and criminology departments, at
the University of Pennsylvania Van Pelt Library. She received her MSI from
the University of Michigan.
We will meet together for Session #31, online on November 18 from 12:00 –
1:00 p.m. (Eastern). Please RSVP for the Session by November 17 at 5:00 pm
using this link:  http://tinyurl.com/grs-session31

--
Lynda M. Kellam
Data Services & Government Information Librarian