-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: 1880 census maps?
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:03:52 -0800
From: Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

I don't think they did population maps in 1880 in that manner. The 1880 Census did produce some maps but it was for the Forest Trees of North America volume and the Mortality & Vital Statistics volume.
However, the 1890 Census did produce a statistical atlas (one of my favorite publications) that covered 100 years of information (1890 was the centennial census). After begging for years, the Census finally updated that atlas for the 2000 Census which give you data from 1890 - 2000.
However,I don't think they published anything in 1880 at the district level like they do now.

,-~~-.___.
/ | ' \ "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of
( ) 0 the few or the one."
\_/-, ,----'
==== // Mr. Spock
/ \-'~; /~~~(O) Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
Carlos A. Diaz
Government Publications, Maps, and Microforms
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
Mailstop 7548
Ellensburg, WA 98926