-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Two questions: (1) Geologic maps of Georgia, and (2) is there a registry of scanned documents?
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:48:22 -0700
From: Kathryn Lage <[log in to unmask]>
To: '[log in to unmask]' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Dave,

In answer to your second question, there is a map scanning registry sponsored by the Map and Geospatial Information Roundtable of the American Library Association (MAGIRT) and the Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML): http://mapregistry.library.arizona.edu/. You’ll see links on the home page also to the registry of US government documents and a suggestion for searching Worldcat. (I’m the current president of WAML, and while I can’t speak for the rest of the exec board or MAGIRT, I’d be happy to talk if you wanted to work together in some capacity on the registry if you thought that would be helpful in some way.)

I think the registry can always use some promotion so folks remember to document their projects and collections in it, so this is a good time to plug its usefulness! So, all maps-l denizens, if you answer Dave back that you have done some scanning and your collection is not in the registry—please add it! J

-Katie

Katie Lage

Map Librarian, Head, Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences & Map Library

Sciences Department, University Libraries

184 UCB

University of Colorado

Boulder, CO 80309

303-735-4917