-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ALA Midwinter Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group meeting (ALCTS CaMMS/MAGIRT)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:13:00 +0000
From: McGee, Marc <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, '[log in to unmask]' ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

Please join us for the 2014 ALA Midwinter meeting of the:

ALCTS CaMMS/MAGIRT Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group

When: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 8:30 am to 10:00 am (EST)
Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center, Room 104A, Philadelphia

Discussion topics will include:
-Applying the WEMI model to cartographic materials and how this is reflected in catalog records
  (e.g. treatment of editions and when it’s appropriate to have ”preferred title” in a map record)
-Linked open data, especially how it might relate to geographic name authority records
-Use of geographic coordinates in authority records
-Search interfaces and the use and role of geographic coordinates in catalog records for spatial search

Please feel free to bring other cartographic resources cataloging topics of interest and we will try to cover them as time permits. As usual, notes from the session will be shared widely after the meeting.

The Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group meeting is an open discussion session for addressing topics of interest to the cartographic and geospatial resources cataloging community.  All Conference attendees are welcome to join and participate.

I hope to see many of you in Philadelphia!

Best,

Marc

Coordinator, ALCTS CaMMS/MAGIRT Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group

ALA Connect Community page: http://connect.ala.org/node/64377
ALCTS CaMMS/MAGIRT Cartographic Resources Cataloging Interest Group: http://www.ala.org/alcts/mgrps/camms/grps/ats-ccsdgmap

Marc McGee
Geospatial Resources Cataloger