-------- Original Message --------
Subject: save the date for ...
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:18:59 -0500
From: Wong, Tak-Yee <[log in to unmask]>
To: '[log in to unmask]' <[log in to unmask]>

Here are two upcoming ALA presentations for map lovers.

The Library of Congress Exhibit Booth

ALA Midwinter Meeting -- Philadelphia

Booth # 925

Maps of the American Presidency by Min Zhang & Tammy Wong, 10:00 – 10:30 am, Saturday, January 25, 2014

Twitter: Do you know that George Washington was not just the first president, but also a surveyor and a mapmaker?

Facebook: LC not only has a rich collection of maps owned and made by past presidents, but we also make maps about presidents and vice presidents.

Election maps by Min Zhang & Tammy Wong, 3:30 – 4:00 pm, Sunday, January 26, 2014

Twitter: Showcase LC’s political map collection before red state, blue state designations took hold.

Facebook: What were election maps like in pre-Civil War times? When did we start to designate red states and blue states, and who started it.