-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Software for determining old map projections
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:16:28 +0100
From: Tomáš Bayer <[log in to unmask]>
To: "PhDr. Eva Novotná" <[log in to unmask]>, "Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
CC: "Ing. Tomáš Bayer" <[log in to unmask]>

--
Dear Piero,

the detectproj software is controlled from the command line.  Let me
give a short description.

Two files are needed with coordintes of the analyzed points, are required.

The first one, contains the Cartesian coordinates x,y  of testing
points, collected on the analyzed map. The second one, containst he
spherical (geographical) coordinates lat, lon of the corresponding
points on the sphere (available from the Google maps).  The sufficent
amount of points is approx. 10.

Subsequently, the analysis is performed from the command lines, follow
the link, please

http://web.natur.cuni.cz/~bayertom/detectproj/det_analysis.html

Alternately, a batch file may be created. The software supports 60 map
projections, the estimated parameters are determined using the weighted
non linear least squares adjustment.

If you need  any help, feel free to ask me. It is also possible to send
a map, and I would  try to perform the analysis.  Keep in mind, please,
the software is still under the development. For more information, visit
the webpages, please

http://web.natur.cuni.cz/~bayertom/detectproj/det_sw.html

With kind regards

Tomas Bayer,
Department of Applied Geonformatics ans Cartography
Charles University, Prague

> Hello,
> the best is ask the author: [log in to unmask]
>
> yours
> Eva
> PhDr. et Mgr. Eva Novotná
> vedoucí Geografické knihovny
> ředitelka Mapové sbírky
> Geografická sekce PřF UK
> Albertov 6
> 128 43 Praha 2 CZ
> ICO: 00216208
> DIC: CZ00216208
> T./F.: +420 221 951 355
> http://geografie.natur.cuni.cz/library
> http://www.geobibline.cz
>
> Dne 15.1.2014 19:55, Angie Cope, American Geographical Society
> Library, UW Milwaukee napsal(a):

---
Tato zpráva neobsahuje viry ani jiný škodlivý kód - avast! Antivirus je aktivní.