-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Save the Date for the Accidental Map Librarian!
Date:   Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:21:34 +0000
From:   Weessies, Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

*/The Accidental Map Librarian/*

Digital or paper maps can pop up in anyone's collection. Whether you
inherited official map collection duties or are struggling with a few
unexpected items, this outcome-oriented session will ensure that you
make the most of the opportunity to work with maps in all formats. Join
us in Las Vegas to explore the exciting world of map librarianship!

Speakers Katherine Rankin, Mary Larsgaard, and Hallie Pritchett will
guide you through the "what's what" of maps, including collecting,
storage and collection management.  Attendees will learn about major
digital resources and how to strike a balance between print and digital
collections.

Bring your questions and bring a friend.  The first 100 attendees will
receive a free map and a MAGIRT logo souvenir.

This 90-minute session will be held at the American Library Association
Annual Conference, Saturday June 28, 2014, 1:00-2:30pm PDT.  Watch for
further details on the room location.

This event is sponsored by the ALA Map and Geospatial Information Round
Table.  See http://ala14.ala.org/ to register for the ALA Annual
Conference.  For further information about MAGIRT and our programs,
activities and publications, please visit our website:
http://www.ala.org/magirt

Please share this announcement with your accidental map librarian
colleagues!

Kathleen Weessies

Chair, Map and Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT)

American Library Association

517-884-0849