forwarded by Angie

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Digimap Geoforum 2014
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 11:08:43 -0000
From: Tom Armitage <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

EDINA will be holding its free annual conference in Edinburgh for those who
support and promote the use of geo-data and mapping services at academic
institutions on the 19th of June.

The theme of this year's event will be the  environment after the launch of
Environment Digimap in October 2013. We have a talk on combining
environmental datasets for flood management and the Keynote is being
delivered by BBC broadcast meteorologist Peter Gibbs.

We will be taking you outside to show you how our Fieldtrip GB app might
just be the thing you need for your Citizen Science project and will also be
unveiling details of our forthcoming version of Digimap for Colleges.

We will have representatives from our data suppliers such as Ordnance Survey
and the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology and other big providers of
geographic datasets.  There will also be members of EDINA's project team
present to talk about research and collaborations too.

All the details including the booking form can be found here:

http://edina.ac.uk/events/geoforum2014/

We really hope that you can attend,

Tom Armitage.

EDINA, Geoservices Support

-----
Further information about new datasets and services:

http://digimap.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2014/03/05/new-data-in-geology-digimap-to-a
ssist-flooding-research/
http://digimap.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/10/30/environment-digimap-launched-fre
e-till-july-2014/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.