-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Phillips Society on May 15-16...exploratory essays initiative (20th century cartography)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:49:27 -0400
From: Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Given that Mark Monmonier is one of the two keynote speakers, the talk relates to "twentieth century and beyond," and given that he is editor for vol. 6 of the History of Cartography series, I thought I'd mention the "Exploratory Essays: History of Cartography in the Twentieth Century" site:  http://www.geography.wisc.edu/histcart/v6initiative/#essays . Although obviously over a decade old, these are still quite good. Douglas Richardson, although also a keynote speaker for the upcoming May meeting, was not a contributor to that earlier group of papers.

For those of us who cannot attend in May, we can hope for a webcast.

          Joel Kovarsky