-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Phillips Society on May 15-16...exploratory essays initiative (20th century cartography)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:58:04 -0400
From: Redmond, Edward James <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship' <[log in to unmask]>

As Joel mentioned the History of Cartography Project,  we map librarians (“we happy few….”) should all know that the earlier volumes from History of Cartography project can be accessed as pdf files from the University of Chicago Press. http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/index.html

This allows our patrons access to these important volumes.

Cartography in Prehistoric, Ancient, and Medieval Europe and the Mediterranean

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V1/Volume1.html

Volume Two, Book One

Cartography in the Traditional Islamic and South Asian Societies

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V2_B1/Volume2_Book1.html

Volume Two, Book Two

Cartography in the Traditional East and Southeast Asian Societies

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V2_B2/Volume2_Book2.html

Volume Two, Book Three

Cartography in the Traditional African, American, Arctic, Australian, and Pacific Societies

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V2_B3/Volume2_Book3.html

Volume Three (Part 1)

Cartography in the European Renaissance

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/HOC/HOC_V3_Pt1/Volume3_Part1.html