-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Digitizing the William Smith map
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 09:09:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paige G. Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To: Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Hmmmmm. I am seeing a trend here, having to do with the preservation of very large format historical maps (which could be used for contemporary ones too if needed). Thanks for sharing what has been done at UNH Thelma in comparison to Stanford's efforts. I know LC has similar experiences. It makes me wonder, and probably other readers, what other similar projects have been done, or are being thought about, at other institutions. And then -- why doesn't someone pull together an overview of these and get an article published about these. Of course I am inviting anyone interested to work with my co-editor, Kathy Weimer, and I on such a project to be delivered in our Journal of Map & Geography Libraries. Anyone interested?
Paige