From: Mark Jackson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:49 PM
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship
Subject: Re: Usefulness of old gazetteers?

You’ll want to double check (meaning I don’t want to be held responsible), but if they reference AMS maps then the contents should be available through the NGA GeoNames online gazetteer (http://geonames.nga.mil/namesgaz/) or the USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) (http://geonames.usgs.gov/domestic/

--

Dr. Mark Jackson

Research Librarian

Geography ∙ Geology ∙ Civil Engineering ∙ CM ∙ FPM ∙ IT

Brigham Young University

2420 HBLL ∙ Provo UT 84602