From: Maps-L: Discussion Forum for Maps, Air Photo, Map Librarianship, GIS, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of March, Greg
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Social Explorer vs. Geolytics

Hello,

Is it necessary to keep any of our Geolytics census disks if we now have Social Explorer?  Specifically, should we hold onto the Geolytics Neighborhood Change Database (NCDB) disks if we also have Social Explorer Pro?  Our Geolytics disks rarely get used, but I wonder if Social Explorer provides the same detail for Neighborhood Change that the Geolytics data provides.  Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Greg

Gregory H. March
Associate Professor