Date:    Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:19:57 -0800
From:    Virginia R Hetrick PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: glossary definitions in CM

Hi, Manon -

I worked for several years in the Geography and Map Division of the Library
of Congress. Their cataloguing staff is excellent and since you're working
on the Senate side, you should be able to get the answers from them quite
easily.  Once I left the Division, I worked for my Senator for five years
before I went back to school.  From both positions, I found the response to
requests from offices in either chamber was always found rapidly and
delivered immediately to the Office making the request.

There was no "separate" Senate Library at the time, but conceptually, I
don't see your Library's relationship with LC as being different from any
other office on the Senate side, meaning that you ought to be able to get
this information from the Geography and Map Division without difficulty.

Hope this helps.

virginia
Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
Email:  [log in to unmask]
"There is always hope."
My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.jpg
There's no place like:  34N 8' 25.40", 117W 58' 5.36"
if you can't be at:  48N 7' 4.54" 122W 45' 50.95"