My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.jpg
There's no place like:  34N 8' 25.40", 117W 58' 5.36"
if you can't be at:  48N 7' 4.54" 122W 45' 50.95"

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM, MAPS-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
There is 1 message totaling 182 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. USGS Copper Plates

Date:    Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:58:47 +0000
From:    Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: USGS Copper Plates

Wew! Thanks to the persistence of Kay Guildner, the AGSL has added 9 new plates (3 maps worth) to our holdings. We acquired the Milwaukee plates in the 1980s and now add Bayview, Waukesha and Whitewater.

Here they are ... we're so excited!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/agslibrary/sets/72157649070312110/

[https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7569/15884165522_e0bbd673e3_z.jpg]<https://www.flickr.com/photos/agslibrary/sets/72157649070312110/>

USGS Copper Plates - an album on Flickr
The AGS Library has the 1:62,500 plates for Milwaukee that were acquired in the 1980s. Thanks to a recent effort by the USGS to put more plates into archives, we have acquired the Whitewater, Wis., Waukesha, Wis. and Bayview, Wis. plates. Hot off the press - or should I say cold out of Kay's car ... here they are!
Read more...<https://www.flickr.com/photos/agslibrary/sets/72157649070312110/>

?Thank you USGS!

-Angie

Angie Cope
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/agslibrary
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agslibrary/

End of MAPS-L Digest - 25 Nov 2014 to 26 Nov 2014 (#2014-96)