we have had dollies like these, but here's the thing.  The places we had to
move from and to had to involve, at some point, a passenger elevator.  That
is an elevator designed to take people and not freight.  One of the main
differences as that passenger elevators have narrow doors.  They will not
accommodate a map case sitting flat.  They are even too narrow for drawers
sitting flat on a flat cart.

We had to take down the cases, remove the drawers, empty them, ideally.
Sometimes we had to put the drawers on their sides with the maps in them.
In those situations, the drawers should be numbered so they go back in
order!

The biggest thing I recommend is to respect the crew who do the heavy
lifting.  Getting acquainted with them is step one.  Step 2 is to lay out
what you want to do, and how you want it done.  Step 3 is to stay with them
throughout the moving process.

This paid off for me many times over.  I have had to move map cases several
times.  Several of the same people have been involved, and they seemed to
enjoy working with me as much as I did with them.  They took very good care
of my maps and equipment during each move I have done.  To you those maps
are your babies.  If you work closely with the crew, they'll make them
their babies, too.

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
Miami University Libraries