Ryan,

Here at the University of Wyoming, we generally encapsulate the maps in special collections.

Like you, we used to tape all 3 sides but with the new ultrasonic welder that we have, and the

potential need to scan the original, we are now only sealing 3 sides.

Tamsen Hert

Tamsen Emerson Hert, MLS, MA
Head, Emmett D. Chisum Special Collections
University of Wyoming Libraries
Dept. 3334
1000 East University Avenue
Laramie, WY  82071

phone:  307-766-6245;  cell: 307-760-7416