In 1900 W. Koppen or Koeppen published his first maps of his climate classification system in Geographische Zeitschrift, Volume 6

The entire volume is now available as a Google Book.  The title references the Maps but I could not find them in the Google Book.

Does anyone have copies of these two maps?

This topic comes up because I am writing something and want to refer to the work of Koppen.  In the process of researching this I found the Koppen web site at  http://koeppen-geiger.vu-wien.ac.at/

At this site the authors have an animated Koppen-Geiger world map showing how climates will change with their model of global warming.  This should be called Climate Forecasting.  I recommend looking at this site.  There is a lot of content assembled here.

I corresponded with the authors of this site and they said they have not seen the 1900 maps although they reference the maps.

At this web site the authors have the 1918 Koppen paper and the large world map of climate as map 1 and map 2 being diagrams of his work on classification.

I assume the maps in the 1900 work were separates and are now separated from the volume.  Does anyone have those maps?

Jim Carter

Dr. James R. "Jim" Carter, Emeritus Professor
Geography-Geology Department
Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61790-4400 USA
                -- http://www.ilstu.edu/~jrcarter --
tel: (309) 662-2882                             fax: (309) 438-5310
Normal Rotarian                      Grower of Ice on plants and rocks
Chair, Senior Professionals, ISU     Friend of Map of Dora fame