From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Weessies, Kathleen
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 9:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Major map collection - CD Policy?

I’m overhauling my maps collection development policy and am curious to see those of other libraries.  I found a random assortment in a google search, but mostly smaller places that only mention maps in a couple of sentences.

The CD policies I’m most interested in seeing are those of very large map collections – ones that are actively being built above and beyond federal depository shipments.

If you have a policy, please share.

Thank you!

Kathleen Weessies

Geosciences Librarian; Head, Map Library

Michigan State University

Main Library

366 W. Circle Drive, W308

East Lansing, MI  48824