From: Geonet listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leach, Michael R.
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [GEONET] Average time to do print map original cataloguing

Folks,

We are planning a retrospective cataloguing project for the print map collection in my library.   Most data has been collected, but we need one more:

- Average time (# maps per hour) to do original cataloguing for print, English-language maps, mostly geological in subject matter, from the 1900s.

 We don't have too many of these, but there are enough to hire a part-time cataloguer.

 Assuming the person we hire has some experience cataloguing cartographic materials, what you folks estimate for the #/hr above?  Estimates welcomed.

  Please respond directly to me.  If anyone wants a summary, I'd be happy to post.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Leach
Head, Collection Development
Cabot Science Library, Harvard University
1 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
1-617-495-0791 (phone); [log in to unmask]