Hi All,

I have a question for metadata/cataloguing folk who use MODS.    I am developing a MODs description for vertical print airphotos that we have scanned. According to the MODs guidelines, there are two <typeOfResource> that I think I could use: (1) cartographic, or (2) still image.

My question, has anyone used <typeOfResource>cartographic</typeOfResource> to describe an aerial photograph?

Or, is it better to use <typeOfResource>still image</typeOfResource> and further define it with a genre statement such as <genre authority="lctgm">Aerial Photograph</genre>?

Cheers,

Rosa Orlandini
Map and GIS Librarian
Map Library, York University Libraries
102D Scott Library, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3
Telephone: 416-736-2100 ext. 88863
Website: www.library.yorku.ca/web/map/

The Map Library is located on the first floor of the Scott Library. Scott Library building is #25 on the Keele Campus Map.