Dear Kathleen et al.,
I've attached a copy of Multnomah County Library's current map collection
policy.  It's part of the larger, library-wide collection policy which is on
our website as a lengthy pdf
<https://multcolib.org/sites/default/files/2012%20Collection%20Development%20Manual_2.pdf>
--
in that version the map policy is on page 37, and the Oregon Collection
policy (to which the map collection policy refers several times) starts on

Hopefully this is helpful, though I would guess that MCL's collection is
quite different in scope, focus, and size than yours at Michigan State
University!

best wishes,

Emily-Jane Dawson | *reference librarian*
Multnomah County Library