Dennis,

I decided not to purchase the map after reading the following on Maps-L.  – Gwen Curtis

From: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LINDA MUSSER
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: U.S. Tribal Nations map

Good morning,

Some months ago I began reading about a map of the US that showed the names tribes use/used for themselves. I took a look then and saw some problems but hadn't yet written a review of it. Yesterday, the map and its maker (Aaron Carapella) were on NPR, so I decided I best write it up.

I focused on the pueblo area of the map. In short, there are some errors in spelling and location, and, it not clear which pueblos on the map are here today, versus those that were abandoned. A colleague in California and one in Washington also noticed errors in those states/tribes.

The idea of this project is great but in execution, I think it needed more work before being released.

http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/2014/06/aaron-carapellas-map-native-american.html

Debbie

Debbie Reese, PhD

Tribally enrolled: Nambe Pueblo

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: debreese

Website: American Indians in Children's Literature

@ http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.net

Now: Studying for MLIS at San Jose State University

Then: Assistant Professor in American Indian Studies, University of Illinois

Gwen Curtis

Map Collection

410C Science Library

University of Kentucky Libraries