Hi everyone,

Apologies for cross–posting….

A former colleague at University of Toronto asked me to distribute this. Interesting PD opportunity for those wanting to bring GIS together with DH.

Andrew

Subject: Invitation to apply: Digital Humanities Institute for Mid-Career Librarians

With the support of the Andrew G. Mellon Foundation, the University of Rochester River Campus Libraries is offering a 3-day, residential institute for 20 mid-career librarians interested in taking a deep dive into the world of digital humanities.  As scholars increasingly take advantage the many new research avenues made available by digital media,  librarians need the skills and core knowledge to collaborate with them and continue our scholarly partnership.

21st Century Skills: Digital Humanities Institute for Mid-Career Librarians has four tracks: text encoding, analysis and visualization for humanists; digital mapping and archaeology; digital pedagogy and digital media literacy; and metadata, data curation, and data modeling for visual and material culture. It is an engaging, experiential, and intensive program designed to give librarians an opportunity to dig into the workings of digital humanities projects, explore what's possible, and define what kinds of support librarians can offer to their faculty colleagues.

The institute runs July 20-22, 2015, and offers a housing and travel bursary.

Interested? To apply, or to learn more, visit: http://humanities.lib.rochester.edu/institute/ Questions? Get in touch! The application deadline is May 15th, 2015

--

Rochelle Mazar

Coodinator of the Digital Academy