From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christopher A. Alario
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 5:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Map Scale Indicators, again

Greetings Everyone,

By way of introduction I'm the newly appointed - and first - map librarian for the Heritage Collection at the Qatar National Library. I was fortunate to have both worked and interned at the Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division of the New York Public Library while attending library school. Working with such a fantastic collection and with some amazingly knowledgeable librarians whom many of you on this list know was an education in itself (Hi Nancy!). I also have a previous background in Arabic and Islamic studies.

I'm having trouble sourcing a clear plastic map scale indicator. I've written Dr. Clifford H. Wood a couple of times at the email address given on the WAML website but have not received a reply. Googling around for vendors isn't getting me anywhere either. And I've searched the Maps-L archives but the answers found there appear inconclusive and a few years old to boot. Does anyone know where I can find a clear plastic map scale indicator for sale?

Best regards,

Christopher Alario
Information Services Librarian - Historical Maps,
Globes, and other Cartographic Material

Tel:     +974 4454 6529          PO Box:    5825, Doha - Qatar
Fax:    +974 4454 0401          Email:       [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Mob:   +974 3357 2825          Website:   www.qnl.qa<http://www.qnl.qa/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the use of individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and inform the sender. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any attachments included. The contents of the emails including any attachments may be subjected to copyrights law, In such case the contents may not be copied, adapted, distributed or transmitted without the consent of the copyright owner.