Our department is considering enacting a research threshold procedure to guide how we handle average reference service interactions with our patrons. We’d like to gather data on what steps, if any, other departments have taken. If you could take a few minutes to answer the below questions, it would be much appreciated:

-Do you have a policy/guideline on how many minutes of reference services are provided free of charge?

-How are exceptions granted?

-Once the research threshold has been reached, what is the next step? List of researchers for hire provided? Do you ever charge for additional/supplemental research assistance?

-Do you have a public web site notifying patrons of these guidelines (please provide link).

Thank you so much for your time.

Jennifer