From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Angela R Cope
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ANZMAPS] World's largest atlas on display at the State Library of New South Wales

________________________________
From: Virginia R Hetrick, PhD <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:29 AM
To: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc.
Subject: Mammoth atlas redux

I remember getting a flyer advertising the Atlas around the time it came out.

Does anybody know whether there's a copy in the Western US (in a public library maybe)?  The pictures of the NSW copy with the library people surrounding it make a definite and impressive impression!

I'm just curious, though.  Does anybody know why it's only on display for a month?

Thanks.

virginia

\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
 Oo     "There is always hope."
My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.gif
There's no place like:  34N 8' 25.40", 117W 58'5.36"
if you can't be at:  48N 6' 59.9" 122W 59' 54.2"