Barbara,

UD withdrew large numbers some years ago. The triangular tubes from Uline http://www.uline.com/BL_3658/Triangle-Tubes
worked very well and didn't take up too much space until we needed to assemble and use them. Tubes may be a better choice than flat stacks on pallets for multiple recipients who are receiving dozens of sheets rather than full pallets.  If they're all going to the same place, pallets may be a better choice.

John

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Holly Budd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Flat on a pallet, freight.

Holly Budd
www.whmap.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. on behalf of Barbara Levergood
Sent: Mon 7/27/2015 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: how to ship thousands of maps

Hi folks,

I need your expertise once more. We are withdrawing a large number of sheet maps* and need to know how to ship them most cost-effectively to their new home. Can maps be shipped flat in bulk or are tubes the better option?

Thanks!

Barbara

* ca. 60 full drawers; maps ca. 36" x 36" or larger

--
Barbara Levergood
Research and Instruction Librarian

John A. Stevenson
Associate Librarian, Student Multimedia Design Center
University of Delaware Library
181 S. College Ave.
Newark, DE 19717-5267
302 831-8671