Greetings,

An MIT professor is very concerned that libraries are not keeping older geologic maps.  He asked me to organize a group of librarians from geoscience libraries who are interested in developing a White Paper on the value of these maps.  This document’s audience would be library administrators.

The original suggestion was to have a meeting at MIT.  I would rather get volunteers who would come up with ideas and work on a document by email..   The GSA Annual Meeting in Baltimore provides us an opportunity for some to review our progress in person.  You do not have to go the GSA meeting to contribute.

Contact me if you are interested.  Thanks.

Michael

Michael Mark Noga

Collections Strategist

Mathematics, Earth and Planetary Sciences Librarian

MIT Libraries

617.253.1290