Hi all:

The latest Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML) Information Bulletin is here!   http://www.waml.org/ib/waml-information-bulletin/46-3/

This edition includes articles on:

·         GeoBlacklight – a great new web-based discovery platform for geospatial data

·         What happened when the LA Public Library doubled its (already large) map collection in 6 hours!

·         Jim Coombs’ newly revised 43-map index to the Library of Congress G Schedule – a great tool for catalogers

And our features:

·         Four reviews of map-related books

·         A list of newly published maps of western North America

·         Cataloging news (including an interesting “Serio-comic war map”)

If you would like to contribute to our next IB issue, please contact me at [log in to unmask].  You can find out more on our Instructions for Authors page:

http://www.waml.org/ib/about-the-ib/instructions-for-authors/

Thanks,

Tom (IB Editor)