RBMS/MAGIRT Liaison

From: Jennifer Sheehan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 3:40 PM
To:
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: ["EXLIBRIS-L"] Social Media Showcase in RBM

Greetings, All!

I hope the start of the fall [semester] has been kind to everyone. Here I am, sending out yet another call for tidbits for the Spring 2016 issue of RBM...

We're interested in getting some samples of successful social media approaches to cultural heritage collections. I know it's hard to define "successful", and I know that many of you are probably doing fabulous things that have yet to be discovered. However, I'm afraid we have to cut it off somewhere!

So if you, your institution, or someone/somewhere you know has received recognition for your activities on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc., please share it with us. We might be able to feature some tidbits of your work in the spring issue. And since we're trying to do an online supplement to this issue, we might have the opportunity to link to things that wouldn't function in print.

Please tell us: what you've been doing (including hyperlinks and/or screenshots as appropriate), the type of recognition it has received, and what (if any) tangible impact it has made on a specific collection or the cultural heritage/special collections field overall.

Don't be afraid to toot your own horn. Flaunt your social media savvy!

Since this is smaller stuff, and won't require much time to review, I'll set the deadline as February 1, 2016.

As always, please email me at [log in to unmask] with questions, comments, or your submissions. I look forward to seeing what fabulous, innovative things you've been doing.

All the best,

Jennifer

Jennifer K. Sheehan, Ph.D.

Editor, RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, & Cultural Heritage

Exhibitions Manager

The Grolier Club

47 East 60th Street

New York, NY  10022