I'm finally done with these map indexes.  For the moment anyway.
Here is what I wound up with:
http://www.mflan.com/maps/topo_index_usa.zip
http://www.mflan.com/maps/nts_snrc.zip

Each of those zip files have a "a-ReadMe.txt" file.
That ReadMe content is also here:
http://www.mflan.com/mapping3.htm

If you don't have ArcGis or QGIS, these zip files won't
help you much.  In that case, just go here for an index:
http://tinyurl.com/gp2qur7

These topo indexes provided here are far from perfect.
I made probably about 100 corrections, and there are
still many errors in them.  If you know of a source
that has less errors, please share it with me and I will
make the corrections.

Mike