I saw an episode of a TV show with Jennifer Love Hewitt where she ran a business in Sugar Land TX and lives in Beaumont. Anyone in the greater Houston area would know that was very impractical. That would be a 3 hour or more drive during rush hours. Not the quick jaunt as shown in the show. Someone should have looked at a map.

David Bigwood
Lunar and planetary Institute

P.S. We have a good collection of planetary imagery on our Flickr page. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunarandplanetaryinstitute/

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John M Anderson
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Geographically incorrect

The geography in NCIS New Orleans is all messed up.  For example, in one recent episode they raided a camp in  Holly Beach, LA that was shown near New Orleans on their maps when it’s over 200 miles away in the southwest part of the state.   They need to hire a local map librarian as a consultant.   A few art departments from the local “Hollywood South” studios have come in and I registered with them as a local resource but haven’t had much contact.

As a side note, we provided the official 1927 Louisiana state map that appears in the movie the Green Mile.

John

John M. Anderson
Map Librarian and Director
Cartographic Information Center