Shalom to all,

I have been wanting to post this for a while. My colleagues in the Center for Computational Geography, in cooperation with, and on behalf of, the Aerial Photographs department and the Map library, have developed a graphic catalog, in which the maps and aerial photographs are depicted on a map, the photographs as dots, the maps as squares in accordance with the coordinates we in the Map library have added to our catalogued maps.

We have only attempted this for the maps of Israel (and we have only aerial photographs of Israel, as far as I know), and the coordinates we have used are from the Israeli Cassini Soldner coordinate system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Cassini_Soldner). We added the coordinates in a library specific field (942).

The site is accessible here: http://ccg.huji.ac.il/aerialphotos/

N.B. The site does not have all the maps of Israel that we possess, since we are still in the process of cataloging them.

Krina

cid:image001.jpg@01D0D455.6A48A9C0

Krina Doekes Brandt | Map Librarian

Bloomfield Library for the Humanities and Social Sciences
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
T +972.2.5883422 | F +972.25322435
krinad@savion.huji.ac.il

Our website: Map library

Follow the map library on facebook : e943ecc8-5be2-4768-a17e-1b829b908afe