I am preparing an anniversary booklet for the “Map Libraries Celebrate 75 Years” program at the SLA Annual Conference, June 14, 2016 in Philadelphia.  Mary Galneder, Anita Oser, and other former chairs have provided information for the years following our 50th Anniversary in San Antonio in 1991.  I would like others to contribute any highlights they remember from San Francisco in 1992 through Boston in 2015.  I plan  to reprint Mary Murphy’s two histories from the G&M Bulletin, as well as Johnnie Sutherland’s report after the 50th and other things found in our archives at the University of Illinois Archives.

   Since this is celebrating the founding of all map library organizations, I would like to include historical highlights from other groups.  Maybe three or four pages, with a group photo, names of those shown, and an organization logo.  Kathy Weimer has given me permission to use materials from “The Founding of ALA’s Map and Geography Round Table:  Looking Back To See The Future.”  WAML, ACML, COSMAL, NEMO, NACIS, IFLA G&M, LIBER, and others would be great to have.

   Things are coming together for our program in June.  Speakers have all been set, the luncheon is arranged, and registration issues are being discussed.  Some wish to attend the exhibits, as these are always popular, and some just want to come to hear the speakers.  The exhibit registration is open to Tuesday, May 31st for $45.00.  It goes up to $60.00 on June 1st.  If you plan to come just for the program, I need your name and address by June 3, 2016.  The Lowes Philadelphia is running a special of $179.00 a night plus taxes, which comes to $206.74 a night.  This is two blocks from the convention center, one block from our lunch at Maggiano’s Little Italy, and next to the Reading Market.

   Please e-mail me if I can give more information at [log in to unmask]

David C. McQuillan

Map Cataloger

Thomas Cooper Library

University of South Carolina