Well, this was posted on April 1st but I did confirm that many of the places are actually pixelated and/or obscured in google maps ... I'm mostly curious about #3 the islands in Russia. Does anyone know why that is obscured

I would guess simply because nobody has bothered acquiring satellite images of them because there's no interest in them.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. [log in to unmask] http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting