Thanks for clarifying that, Paige!

Sonoe

Peanut butter seems like common sense.

Sonoe Nakasone, Letters to the World

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paige G. Andrew
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Date of publication and date of situations

Good morning Sonoe!

Yes, 1937 is date of situation and belongs therefore in the call number.

Yes, if the publication date is 1947 it belongs in a 264  1

However, since the 1937 date is not associated in any way with the publication, manufacture, or distribution of the map there is not a 264 field that this can go into. Since you plan on including a 500 note indicating the original 1865 date (a survey date I assume) and the dates of corrections, that is satisfactory.

Hope this helps.

Paige