Hi all;

I am working with a doctoral student who is building a geology GIS and who is looking to scan a series of maps that her professor has. They are 50k scale, for Tanzania, Uganda, and Ethiopia. She is looking for specific maps, not all, but before we work on digitizing the ones here, which are folded and fragile now, I thought I'd ask if anyone has done any of these already. If your institution has scanned these, and you are willing to share, we would be most grateful.

The map before me is from the East Africa 1:50,000 scale, Series Y742. It's from the 1960s by Tanazanian gov't based on Ordnance Surveys.
She gave me coordinates and I am going to track down the sheet numbers from them and from an index that I located.

Thank you for any assistance.

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian
Science and Engineering Information Center
116 Lockwood Memorial Library
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-2200
716-645-1332 / 716-645-3859 (fax)

Liaison to the Geography Department for GIS and Physical Geography