"The Globe", journal of the Australian and New Zealand Map Society, is seeking a reviewer for the hardcopy version of the following book. Please contact me off-list if you would like to review it for us.

A. Riganti, J.F. Johnston,  R.M. Hocking & D. McB. Martin

Mapping Western Australia: State geological maps 1894-2015

Geological Survey of WA, Perth, 2016, 39pp, softcover.

“This publication celebrates the release of the fourteenth State geological map of Western Australia, in a series that commenced in 1894. Some earlier regional geological maps are discussed, but the emphasis is on the improvement in our geological understanding of Western Australia that relies on the continuous development in scientific, analytical, and remote-sensing techniques.”

Brendan Whyte

editor, "The globe"

Dr Brendan Whyte

Assistant Curator of Maps

National Library of Australia

Parkes Place

Parkes

ACT 2600

AUSTRALIA

Ph: +61 2 6262 1192

Fax: +61 2 6262 1653

http://www.nla.gov.au/map/index.html

“Sed ego qui scripsi hanc historiam aut uerius fabulam quibusdam fidem in hac historia aut fabula non accommodo. Quaedam enim ibi sunt praestrigia demonum, quaedam autem figmenta poetica, quaedam similia uero, quaedam non, quaedam ad delectationem stultorum.” – Colophon to Táin Bó Cúalnge in the Book of Leinster