This is not a GLO map but one compiled from the government land surveys by Baker and Eppinger. Here is the link with a picture of the condition of the map (quite nice):

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/201306A08.html

And Here is what the appraiser said about the map:APPRAISER:

"I see. It's an 1852 map, and it's one of the nicest and rarest Texas maps I've seen in a long time. It's in great condition. It only has a little bit of wear to it. And indeed, it's a valuable map. This map was published in 1851 by F.C. Baker and J. Eppinger. And this is the second edition from 1852 of the same map. Generally, these maps were printed in fewer than 1,500 copies and sold for not much money back then either: 50 cents or a dollar at the most. And this shows some counties that had been added since 1850. But in Texas history, it's considered one of the great rarities. One of the great things about this map is that it has an inset of New Mexico, California and Utah. It's quite accurate, and it shows San Francisco up here, but it doesn't really show Los Angeles down there."

-Angie

Angie Cope
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211

Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/agslibrary