All,

I have been contacted by a researcher that has a collection he wants to save from the dumpster.  Unfortunately we are not in a position to take it. If you want to give the collection a home, contact me and I’ll put you in touch.  You’ll need to move quickly because the building it is stored in is slated for demolition.  He’s not selling it, it’s a donation.  (You may have to pay shipping.)

The collection is high altitude color infrared aerial photography of the entire state of Oregon, flown primarily in the 1970s. The scale is 1:60,000 and it was taken with very high resolution film. It was flown under contract by NASA Ames using the U2 planes.

The collection consists of:

Approx. 60   9” reels of positive film transparencies

About ½ box of ground truth photos

Table top reader with built in lightbed

High quality mirror stereoscope to use with the reader.

The owner believes this may be a unique collection.  However, I’ve done some preliminary searching and it looks like at least some of it is available through USGS and discoverable in EarthExplorer.

Let me know if your library is interested.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051