From: MCQUILLAN, DAVID <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:32 AM
To: Angela R Cope
Subject: Updated and Revised Program for Map Libraries Celebrate 75 Years -- for Maps-L

Our luncheon speaker has changed since Ed Redmond was not able to attend the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference.  Evan Thornberry, Reference and Geospatial Librarian, Norman B. Leventhal Map Center, Boston Public Library, will now speak at our luncheon.  His talk will be “The Norman Leventhal Map Center:  Twelve Years of Highlighting the Map Collection at America’s Oldest Public Library.”  In addition to talking about the their history, he will share plans for the future, and discuss their role in the world of map libraries today.  He will be introduced by Alice C. Hudson, retired chief of the Map Division, New York Public Library.  Alice sits on the Advisory Board for The Norman Leventhal Map Center.

We also have a location for our “Map Libraries Celebrate 75 Years,”  Convention Center Room 201-A.

Almost every state has responded to our call for official highway maps to celebrate our 75th Anniversary.  We will have complete sets available at our luncheon and extra copies at the session.  I have a few free passes to the session and parking for $10.00 for 12 hours, if you attend the luncheon ($35.00).  The luncheon check should be made out to me and mailed to:

David C. McQuillan

Thomas Cooper Library

University of South Carolina

1322 Greene Street

Columbia, SC  29208

Please let me know if you will attend by June 3, 2016, so that we can hold a place for you.  My e-mail is: [log in to unmask]

I am attaching the revised flyer for the June 14, 2016 session.