Today I was loaned all three volumes of /The Boy Mechanic/. They were
published in 1913, 1915, and 1919.  In Book 2 the first article is
"Plane Table Surveying," by Harold G. McGee.  This one is the only thing
I have found so far about maps, but from a two-minute glance at each of
them, drafting and drafting tools are a part of being a boy a century
ago. Might there be any interest in republishing articles like this,
about how to make maps at home?  I can imagine it being done in some
high schools.

I'll try to have the pages copied (my scanner is dead), but I will have
these books for only a few days.

Michael Holt

---