omg! At first one chuckles, and then as Howard notes, what a damned shame! The t-shirt company should be shut down over such stupidity...

Paige

From: "Stone, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 9:23:05 AM
Subject: Geographically incorrect

By accident, I came across this Indiana T-shirt for children showing the name with the wrong state outlined in the background. And we wonder why so many American kids are geographically illiterate!

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/66379000/indiana_tshirt?productId=631335804

On a related note, my cousin, a recent M.B.A. from Wharton, had a job interview at Warren Buffett's headquarters in Omaha. He tried to butter up the interviewer by stating how thrilled he was to be in Oklahoma, and hasn't heard back.

Howard Stone
Map Cataloger, Brown University