Iowa, Ohio, and now Indiana: I don’t ‘get’ it . . .

‘Englishman’

From: Maps-L: Map Librarians, etc. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ken Grabach
Sent: 08 June 2016 14:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Geographically incorrect

Has nobody in Indiana complained about this? Is what I want to know.

Ken Grabach

Maps Librarian

BEST Library, 219D

Miami University Libraries

Oxford, OH  45056  USA

513-529-1726

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Robert Lopresti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This reminds me of one of the few jokes I remember from Laugh-In.

Party-goer: I’m from Iowa.

Englishman: Isn’t that funny.  In Britain we pronounce it “Ohio.”

Rob Lopresti

Western Washington University

Librarian for Maps, Government Information, Huxley College of the Environment, and Canadian-American Studies.                                                           360-650-3342                 [log in to unmask]

"Hard would it be for one mortal to tell all the names of these [rivers], but everyone knows the river he happens to live by." - Hesiod, ca. 700 B.C.